Monday, April 23, 2012

brown babe surf: A Glimpse Into the Life of New England Surfer Girl, Blanket

March 28, 2012 Howdy ho! Greetings from Boston, MA! Yep, I'm here for a bit catching up with family and with my best surfing buddy, Jackie (aka "Blanket). Blanket and I have been friends since 2007 when I met her on a surf trip to Costa Rica. We've been best surfing buds ever since. In addition to being one of the Brown Girl Surf TM team members, Blanket lives in New England and surfs the Atlantic through the icy winters. BRRRRRRRRRRR! As I'm visiting her this week, I thought it would be neat to share with you a glimpse into her life as a New England female surfer. What's particularly admirable about New England surfers is the sheer dedication and stamina they need just to gear up for the cold surf. Man, by the time they are done gearing up, I'd have already finished my sesh in California. Shoot. Let's face it, they gotta have some BIG cojones for getting in that really cold water (or really shriveled up ones because it's so damn cold). Either way, enjoy the video, and meet Blanket! (You'll see more of her soon!) Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment